- Commercial leadership role in a community facing business
- West Auckland focussed
The Trusts presents an exciting opportunity for an experienced commercial business leader to apply skill and expertise in continuing to grow and develop The Trusts business interests and investment strategy. The Trusts operate a network of 28 retail stores and several hospitality businesses alongside an investment strategy focussed on property and equity. What will be required is outstanding experience in strategic leadership and an impressive track record of creating long-term business success and high levels of stakeholder and team member engagement.
Opportunities to lead such organisations are rare. The organisation has a fantastic culture, growing and developing their people is a key focus and a dynamic servant leader will be required to continue the growth story to meet future strategic aims.
As Chief Executive, reporting to the WATS Ltd Board you will have:
- a successful track record as a senior executive in customer facing businesses
- a strong commercial background with highly developed strategic skills and a long-term investment focus alongside driving customer driven outcomes in a fast paced retail and hospitality environment. The ability to think outside the box, align people to a shared vision and strategy, alongside long-term investment and financial asset growth will be critical
- tact and experience in managing competing interests both within and externally will be an advantage
- an impressive track record of managing broad governance and stakeholder relationships and interests under a common vision and share purpose/meaning will be essential. You must be a proven leader worth following
- the personality and EQ to personally relate to all in our community and across our varied team
- resilience and a relentless focus to see through key must win battles and strategic projects over both the short and the long-term
- an ability to appreciate and understand the unique structure and nature of The Trusts in order to excel in leading a shared services management company working for two publicly elected bodies operating in the legislative context of Part 3 of the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012.