General Manager Legal and Compliance
A dynamic organisation is seeking a General Manager Legal and Compliance to join the senior leadership team.
The General Manager Legal and Compliance is a critical role on the leadership team, responsible for serving as an In-House Legal Counsel and providing strategic oversight of the organisations operation. Specifically, the General Manager Legal and Compliance will lead a team delivering legal support to the organisation. The role involves providing strategic advice and accurate information across a broad spectrum of considerations ranging from regulatory and compliance obligations, to general legal advice and support including commercial activities. Stakeholder engagement is a critical aspect of this role, both internally with the team as well as externally within the sector and with the regulator. There will also be the opportunity to mentor and develop team members within the immediate team, as well as broadly in the organisation. It is a diverse and challenging role, while providing an ability to achieve a balance between work and life commitments.
This opportunity would suit a skilled, senior legal professional seeking work-life balance and a positive, family-centric culture.
Other attributes include:
- Legal skillset and expertise, with attention to detail
- Proven experience in a regulated environment with a reasonable understanding of compliance obligations
- Leadership experience at a senior level, with a team player attitude and non-hierarchical leadership style
- Strong communicator with a customer service ethos and commercial outlook
- Sophisticated relationship building skills and stakeholder engagement skills
- Ability to build strong and long-lasting connections within a complex stakeholder landscape
- Values alignment, particularly regarding integrity, honesty, courage and morals