Senior Group Accountant
A New Zealand headquartered globally expanding technology firm seeks a technically competent Senior Group Accountant to lead the international consolidations function as part of the Group Finance team, bringing attention to detail and sharp technical skills with a strong track-record and understanding of multi-currency consolidations and financial reporting.
The organisation celebrates talent, you will be an intelligent, pacey, curious problem-solver and team player keen to make a contribution to the global business.
Ideally, you will have already worked at a global business headquartered in New Zealand. You are CA qualified with over four years’ experience, and you have a passion for accurate, timely financial information and reporting because you understand that your work influences the strategy and direction of the business. You also enjoy continuous improvement and working in a high-performance, friendly culture where your colleagues are driven individuals. An interest in technology, systems improvement and change management would be beneficial – equally, the ability to work manually would be advantageous whilst the automation transformation is underway.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious finance professional with expertise in accounting to make their mark in a dynamic, transforming, large-scale business with global reach.
A sample of the role requirements are shared below:
- Preparation of monthly and annual multi-currency financial accounts for the consolidated Group, including segment reporting and associate accounting, where applicable
- Assist the Group Finance Manager with preparation of Tier 1 IFRS compliant financial statements disclosures and position papers on various accounting topic
- Preparation of financial and non-financial reporting to the Group Board
- Assist the Group Finance Manager with external audit requests, trial balance reviews
- Prepare financial analysis covering financial performance, balance sheet, working capital requirements, and monitoring capital spend to track operational performance of the Group
- Assist with preparation and analysis of budgeted and forecast for the Corporate departments
- Support the Group Finance Manager with annual audit requirements, including audit requests, to ensure timely sign-off and filing of accounts
- Assist the Group Finance Manager with NZ IFRS 15 and NZ IFRS 16 implementation projects, including designing relevant corporate policies and procedures around these areas
- Manage the company’s employee share scheme, and preparation of Trust accounts for the scheme
- Assist the company secretary in ensuring legislative compliance
- Review of statutory reporting packs for Group’s subsidiaries